First Day of School Routines
Welcome back for another exciting year of learning! If you’re wondering what happens the first day of school, here’s an overview:
- Teachers (orange vests) will be on duty beginning at 0845 in both the West Colas and Kindergarten areas.
- Classroom information (teacher, grade, and room number) can be found posted in the windows or on the walls of the colas areas (North and West windows and walls).
- Students should line up where they find their classroom information. Teachers can answer any questions you may have concerning room location, entry and dismissal doors, or any other routine that you may have questions about.
- Teachers with clipboards will help students and parents locate their teachers and lines.
- Please do let your child enter the school without your supervision. This eliminates chaos and allows your child to begin the school year with confidence. If you must enter the school with your child, please speak with the classroom teacher first.
- In the event of rain, we will move to the gymnasium where the teacher information will be posted on the walls.
The first week of school is always a busy one! Help us make it as efficient as possible by sending home forms that come home at the end of the day and throughout the week.